Contributed with Poster:
The poster session will be held on Thursday, April 29, 2021 in the Grand Hall within the Town and Country Hotel Convention Center, from 5:00 to 7:00 pm.
The size of the poster board assigned for your presentation is 4 feet (120 cm) x 4 feet (120 cm). All poster materials should be removed at the close of the session. Please return all push pins to the originally provided containers. The conference will not be responsible for any poster materials remaining on the boards.
Effective poster presentation requires as much preparation as giving a talk. There are books written on the subject. We find the information contained in the following website very useful: http://www.ncsu.edu/project/posters/NewSite/
A few suggestions about posters:
- The font size must be large enough to be visible from two meters away
- Leave sufficient white space
- Subsection titles must be distinct from the rest of the text
- Use short bullet points when appropriate, not complete sentences
- Make sure the labels are large enough to be visible from two meters away
- Limit the number of data sets per graph
- Resist the temptation to show pictures of equipment
- Generally, the poster should be structured to be self-presenting
- In case attendees ask you to “walk me through your poster” or “tell me what this is all about”
- Do not read the poster word for word
- Instead, highlight the “why”, “how”, and “what” of your poster in two minutes